Sunday, August 28, 2005

Conversation With Yoda

One of my MySpace friends has a link to a site where you can have a conversation with Yoda. I only had a few minutes before leaving to visit a friend who is ill so I decided to see if Yoda had any good advice for me. I assumed that a conversation with Yoda would be difficult so I was determined to keep my questions straight and to the point. I didn’t think I would get as frustrated as I did… but see for yourself:

RS: How can I help my sick friend?

Y: Mmm. Friends you have there.

RS: How can I help?

Y: Pass on what you have learned.

RS: What if I haven’t learned anything?

Y: I am wondering, why are you here?

RS: What is the meaning of life?

Y: Remember your failure at the cave!

RS: How can I help my sick friend?

Y: Pass on what you have learned.

RS: Why did you change your answer?

Y: I am wondering, why are you here?

RS: Why do you repeat yourself?

Y: Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.

RS: Now you're not making any sense.

Y: Mmm. Friends you have there.

RS: Are we going in circles?

Y: Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.

RS: Do you have anything new to say?

Y: Decide you must how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could. But you would destroy all for which they have fought and suffered.

RS: Are you the wisest of the wise?

Y: Help you I can. Yes, mmmm.

RS: Any last words before I leave?

Y: That is the way of things...the way of the Force.

RS: Goodbye.

Y: That is why you fail.

RS: Huh?

Y: No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need.

RS: Got it. Bye.

Y: But beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...agression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.

RS: Why do you wait to say things until I am about to leave?

Y: Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will.

RS: Now I feel like you're just giving me predetermined answers!

Y: Your weapons...you will not need them.

RS: You are not paying attention to a word I'm saying, are you?

Y: Oh, you will be. You will be.

RS: OK. I've had enough. This is ridiculous. I'm outta here!

Y: If you end your training now, if you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil.

RS: So be it.

---------------

So that's it folks - I'm joining the forces of evil. I guess that's what happens when you try to talk philosophy with a ficticious pint sized green monster who talks in backwards nonsensical cliches. See for yourself right here. but don't say I didn't warn you!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to turn Rav. Shmuel in to a agent of evil for years and this stupid web page can do with a crappy 5 minute conversation... man only now at the end do I see the true nature of the force, shoot me full of blue lightening and lets call it a day.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talked to Yoda? Well, be glad you were not Mr. Spock, that conversation would turn ugly in a heartbeat. I am surprised you were willing to talk to Yoda or any character like that in the first place. I am still laughing - you joined the dark side; now bolts of lightning shoot from your hand as wield a lightsaber in the other. Hilarious!

    Micah Webb

    ReplyDelete