Sunday, December 4, 2005

Letter from Santa

One of my friends on Myspace, Susie, wrote several letters from Santa that I think are great. At first I thought that Susie had gotten them from a website somewhere but it turns out that she wrote them herself. (Sorry for underestimating you Susie). Here I've reprinted (with permission) my favorite one.

---------

November 30, 2005

Dear Benjamin,

I received your letter regarding your request for Christmas gifts. Although I have made a list and checked it twice, I cannot find your name on the list anywhere. I was worried that I made a mistake and inadvertently forgot to add you or worse, deleted you. My staff crosschecked your name on our database and we realized (to our relief) that it was not an error on our part but on yours.

I am not sure if you are aware of this dear boy, but Santa doesn't deliver to Jewish kids. I am Kris Kringle from northern Europe, a Christian area. I deliver toys to girls and boys to celebrate the baby Jesus' birthday. Since your family doesn't celebrate this event, I am afraid I will not be able to fulfill your request. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am sure you are a good boy but if I start accommodating Jewish toy requests the next thing you know I will have to start making deliveries all over the Middle East, India, and China. Please remember, I do not make the rules, I just obey them.

Perhaps you will recieve your toys for your bar-mitzva.

Please note that if your family ever decides to convert to Christianity I am more than happy to review another request. Until then, take care and thanks for contacting me.

Sincerely,
Santa Claus

-------

you can check out the original posts here: http://blog.myspace.com/maizensue

1 comment:

  1. Um, i am shy now. . .thanks for the props!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete